Learning at Udacity: Just got through Lesson 1!

I'm currently attending the course 'Web Development', and I found it pretty interesting, and the instructor Steve Huffman (who is the co-founder of the website Reddit!) is really outstanding. For the full course, click here.

Lesson 1 - How the Web Works


In this unit, Steve introduced some basic HTML tags, like <b></b>, <em></em>, <p></p>, <image src="" alt="">, <span></span>, <div></div>, <!DOCTYPE HTML> and so on. He also introduced some basic knowledge of HTML structure, such as the distinction between 'inline' and 'block' elements.

Then with their instruction, I set up my Google App Engine account, downloaded Python 2.7 and the Google App Engine SDK for Python, then successfully deployed my first web application, which simply display an HTML page saying 'Hello Udacity!'. Though it's pretty simple, I was so excited when I saw that line of text after entering the URL.

That was Lesson 1, some preparations before entering the world of web development.

评论

此博客中的热门博文

安装 Windows 7 家庭高级版以及一些设置

重拾博客